Wheel of Life Exercise
The Wheel of Life** is a quick assessment of your level of satisfaction with the various areas of your life. Each section of the circle represents one area of your life.
- With the center of the wheel as 0 and the outer edge as an ideal 10, rank your level of satisfaction with each life area.
- Draw a straight or curved line by connecting the dots to create a new outer edge (see example below).
- A Wheel of Life, once completed, may look similar to the example on the left.
- The new perimeter of the circle represents your Wheel of Life. How bumpy would the ride be if this were a real wheel?
- Look at areas where you want to improve your level of satisfaction and begin to think about what you might do about it.
- For each section, write down one thing you can do to increase your level of satisfaction in this area.
- Commit to taking action now.
Life coaching is about commitment, movement and flow. Are you ready to move forward but aren’t sure how? This is where working with a Life Coach can make a difference. If you are interested in learning more or want to experience how coaching would work for you, set up a 30-minute Check-It-Out Coaching Session.
**The Wheel of Life exercise is taken from, Co-Active Coaching (2nd ed.)2007 by Laura Whitworth, Karen Kimsey-House, Henry Kimsey-House, and Phillip Sandahl.